Become a PEF Member!
As a New York State employee, working in the PS&T Unit, you have the opportunity to join the New York State Public Employees Federation (PEF)!
As a member of PEF, you will have a voice on the job and in the community. PEF, the union for PS&T Unit employees, advocates for the work you do because your work protects and improves the quality of life for all New Yorkers.
Become a PEF member by completing a simple PEF Membership Application and pay annual dues to:
- Be represented by PEF regarding workplace issues, such as:
- Negotiating a contract that secures respectful salary advances and protects other hard-fought terms and conditions of employment
- Protecting merit and fitness in hiring under Civil Service Law – as well as the many other such rights that state workers take for granted under Civil Law
- Protecting your pension rights under the law and the State Constitution
- Fighting the contracting out and de-institutionalizing of your work
- Filing grievances when management abuses its power
- Fighting all forms of illegal discrimination in the workplace
- Participate in contract ratification and other union matters.
- Vote on the contracts that affect your rights on the job, your negotiated health benefits, and other quality-of-life issues.
- Take advantage of PEF’s unified voice in New York State government and federal political arenas.
- Run for PEF office so the needs and concerns of your co-workers are heard and acted upon.
As a member of PEF, your union dues gives you a voice on the job and in the community. Being a part of the union is about your salary, health and pension benefits, job protection, equal pay for equal work, and more.
When you join PEF, you also have the opportunity to take advantage of the PEF Membership Benefits Program’s benefits including:
- Insurance Protection (Group Term Life, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Auto/Home/Renters Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Accident Indemnity, and Cancer Care Insurance)
- Legal Benefits (Legal Defense Benefit, Discharge of Official Weapon Benefit, Justice Center Benefit, Voluntary Legal Service Plan, and more)
- Financial Planning & Credit Counseling Services (free, annual, 1-hour, personal, financial planning consultations with a Certified Financial Planner)
- Educational Benefits (free educational seminars, free college benefit to earn an online associate degree or certificate, defensive driving courses, exam fee reimbursement, and more)
- Everyday Discounts on movie tickets, theme parks, water parks, sporting events, performing arts events, ski resort tickets, attractions, and retail and restaurant gift cards.
Your PEF dues are never used to fund the benefits provided by PEF Membership Benefits Program. The PEF Membership Benefits Program is a self-funded Trust supported by careful investment of insurance reserves and administrative fees collected from endorsed insurance plan providers.
Become a member today!
A union’s strength comes from the unity and integrity of its members.
Not sure if you’re a member?
- Look on your pay stub to see if there is a deduction for PEF union dues.
- Or, call PEF Membership Benefits Program at (800) 342-4306 or (518) 785-1900, ext. 243, to find out.