HEAR IN AMERICA Hearing Plans
A Hearing Plan For PEF Retirees and Their Families
PEF Retirees and their families are able to take advantage of the valuable discounts offered by the HEAR IN AMERICA Hearing Plans.
HEAR IN AMERICA works in conjunction with the PEF Retiree member’s NYSHIP (New York State Health Insurance Plan–Empire plan) to ensure that PEF Retirees and their families, considering the use of hearing instruments, can be assured that they are dealing with reputable providers who will provide an honest evaluation of their needs.
Under the NYSHIP, NYS retirees receive:
- Hearing Aids Basic Medical Program Evaluation
- Fitting and purchase of hearing aids covered under the Basic Medical Program
- Up to a maximum reimbursement of $1,500 per hearing aid, per ear, once every four (4) years
- Children age 12 and under are covered up to $1,500 per hearing aid, per ear, once every two (2) years if the existing hearing aid can no longer compensate for the child’s hearing loss
This benefit is available whether the NYS Retiree uses a participating or non-participating provider and it is not subject to a deductible or coinsurance.
How the Hear in America Hearing Plan Works in Conjunction with NYSHIP:
- To be eligible, you must be a dues-paying PEF Retiree. If you are not yet a PEF Retiree, enroll now!
- Call (800) 286-6149 to register for your free benefit.
- HEAR IN AMERICA will refer you to a participating provider in your area.
- Make an appointment for your free hearing screening.
If hearing instruments are required, HEAR IN AMERICA’s will supply a list of associated providers to use to obtain the instruments at discounted prices. By first checking to see what the HEAR IN AMERICA plan provides, members may save money in the long run.
HEAR IN AMERICA Free Benefits:
Dues-paying members of the PEF Retirees are entitled to the following benefits:
- Free enrollment and no premiums.
- Free annual hearing screening for the PEF Retiree and immediate family members.
- Referrals to qualified local hearing centers.
- A full-line of high-quality hearing aids available from top manufactures, with pricing 30-70% off manufacturers’ suggest retail prices, provided by 9 different manufacturers.
- A three-year repair warranty including repair and loss, as well as damage insurance, included with new purchases at no additional charge.
- A three-year clean and check service at no additional charge.
- Three years of batteries included with every hearing aid purchase.
- Access to a nationwide network of 2,600+ participating provider locations.
- No interest financing available.
- Extended warranties available for purchase, for your current hearing aids.
Register now by calling (800) 286-6149 or complete the form online.
You owe it to yourself and your family to take advantage of this free hearing screening.