Emergency Travel Assistance and Identity Theft Protection
The Membership Benefits Program and Sun Life are pleased to offer you Identity Theft Protection through Assist America. Sun Life Identity Theft Protection is included in your Group Term Life insurance plan if you have enrolled in the Group Term Life insurance available through the Membership Benefits Program.
Identity Theft Protection
Identity theft is a serious crime. Each year, millions of Americans have their personal financial information stolen and must spend a significant amount of time and money to restore their records. If you ever become a victim of identity theft, you don’t have to face it alone.
You have the support of a comprehensive Identity Theft Protection program through Assist America’s SecurAssist Identity Protection program. It provides:
- 24×7 telephone support and step-by-step guidance by anti-fraud experts
- A case worker assigned to you to help you notify the credit bureaus and file paperwork to correct your credit reports
- Help canceling stolen cards and reissuing new cards
- Help notifying financial institutions and government agencies
You can also help stop identity theft before it happens:
- You can securely store information from credit cards, bank cards, and documents in one safe, centralized location. If any information ever becomes lost or stolen, retrieval is easy and the resolution process can begin.
- You can register for identity fraud protection surveillance of up to 10 credit or debit cards.
- Registered cards are monitored using sophisticated real-time early warning technology that monitors underground chat rooms across cyberspace, where thieves are selling and trading stolen personal information.
- You receive early warning of potential threats and are notified if your identity has been misused.
If you are the victim of financial or medical identity fraud, or if you’d like to store your card information in one central location, call (877) 409-9597.
Membership number: 01-AA-SUL-100101
To proactively protect your credit cards, register them for Identity Fraud Protection surveillance online now. Use access code: 18327
Enroll in Sun Life’s Group Term Life Insurance today, to take advantage of this no cost program.
About Assist America
Founded in 1990, Assist America, Inc., is the nation’s largest provider of global emergency assistance in partnership with insurance benefit plans. The company, headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, serves more than 30 million members and over 300,000 enterprises through benefit programs from the country’s most prominent insurance providers. In 2010, it expanded the scope of its program to include comprehensive identity theft prevention and resolution services. Visit Assist American online to learn more.
Emergency Travel Assistance provides travel assistance services only and is not responsible for the cost of health care services.
Emergency Travel Assistance and Identity Theft Protection are not insurance. Assist America® and SecurAssist® are registered service marks of Assist America, Inc.
Value-added services are offered only on specific lines of coverage and carry a separate charge, which is added to the cost of the insurance. The cost is included in the total amount billed. Emergency Travel Assistance is provided by Assist America. Identity Theft Protection is provided by SecurAssist, an Assist America program. Sun Life is not responsible or liable for care, services, or advice given by any provider or vendor of the Services. Sun Life reserves the right to discontinue any of the Services at any time. Group life and disability insurance policies are underwritten by Sun Life and Health Insurance Company (U.S.) (Windsor, CT) under Policy Form Series 13-GP-LH-01,
13-LF-C-01, 13-GPPORT-P-01, 13-LFPort-C-01, 13-ADD-C-01, 13-LTD-C-01, 13-LTD-P-01, 13-STD-C-01, and 06P-NY-DBL.
© 2014 Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada, Wellesley Hills, MA 02481. All rights reserved. Sun Life Financial and the globe symbol are registered trademarks of Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us.
GVASBCH-EE-3978m SLPC 25451 10/15 (exp. 10/17)