Sun Life Modified Open Enrollment
Protect Yourself and Your Family
Modified Open Enrollment for Short-Term Disability,*
Long-Term Disability, & Group Term Life Insurance
LIMITED TIME OFFER: SEPTEMBER 1 – NOVEMBER 20, 2018
NO MEDICAL QUESTIONS ASKED!1
Who is eligible?
- All active, dues-paying PEF members.
- PEF retirees, PEF associate members, and fee-payers are not eligible to partake in Modified Open Enrollment.
What is Modified Open Enrollment?
- Modified Open Enrollment allows all active, dues-paying PEF members the unique opportunity to elect new coverage or increase their existing coverage in Sun Life’s Group Term Life and Disability Insurance programs with no medical questions asked for certain amounts1. New York State employees are not eligible for New York State Disability Benefits Coverage. However, you can enroll for this coverage through PEF Membership Benefits Program.
When can I enroll?
- You can enroll in a new plan or increase coverage of an existing plan during our Modified Open Enrollment between September 1 and November 20, 2018. This is a unique offer from PEF Membership Benefits Program. Modified Open Enrollments are not annual events. If you miss this opportunity, there may not be another opportunity for years to come. The typical enrollment period for Group Term Life and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance is 120 days after your first date of hire in a PEF represented position. If you did not enroll after the initial 120 days because you did not want to complete a medical questionnaire, now is your chance to enroll with no medical questions asked.1
How do I enroll?
- Watch for your Personalized Enrollment Kit to be mailed the 1st week of September 2018. Your kit contains information regarding the plans and level(s) of coverage you are eligible to receive, along with a Sun Life and Health Insurance Company (U.S.) brochure, and an enrollment form. Your kit will also include your PEF ID/Membership Identification Number (MIN) and an Online Enrollment Code to use if you prefer to enroll online. Whether you are enrolling for the first time, or you are looking to increase coverage, your online form will reflect current coverage and coverage you are currently eligible for — making enrollment very easy.
- To enroll online or download an enrollment form for Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, or Group Term Life now, go to the Plan Details page and scroll down to Steps To Enroll Online and by mail.
What you need to know about online enrollment:
- The online form is designed for use with the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 9, 10, or 11
- Firefox 31
- Safari 5.1 update 10 or greater, 6.0 update 5 or greater, 6.2 x, 7.1 x, or 8.0 x
- Chrome 34
- Other versions may prompt users to allow a pop-up window. Please allow pop-ups for this page to complete the online form submission.
No Medical Questions Asked1 – How this benefits you!
If you enroll between September 1 and November 20, 2018, you will not need to complete a medical questionnaire providing you: (1) meet other eligibility criteria, (2) your application is in good order, and (3) your form is properly signed.
Not a PEF member? Join PEF Now! Take advantage of these very special insurance offers at great rates.
Modified Open Enrollment: Plan Details
Learn More About: Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Group Term Life
*New York State employees are not eligible for New York State Disability Benefits Law coverage.
1If the amount you apply for exceeds the Guaranteed Issue amount or if you want to elect coverage or increase coverage at a later date, you are required to complete and submit an Evidence of Insurability application, which must be approved by Sun Life prior to coverage taking effect. For additional information, contact the PEF Membership Benefits Program.
Group life and disability insurance policies are underwritten by Sun Life and Health Insurance Company (U.S.) (Lansing, MI) under Policy Form Series 15-GP-01, 13-GP-LF-01, 13-LF-C-01, 12-GPPort-P-01, 13-LFPort-C-01, 15-LF-GP-01, 15-LF-C-01, 12-GPPort-P-01, 15-LFPort-C-01, 13-GP-LH-01 and 13-ADD-C-01, 13-LTD-C-01, 13-STD-C-01, 06P-NY-DBL, 12-GPPort-01, and 12-STDPort-C-01.
© 2018 Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada, Wellesley Hills, MA 02481. All rights reserved. Sun Life Financial and the globe symbol are registered trademarks of Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us. SLPC 26832 06/18 (exp. 12/18)