Elder Law Rider (Retiree)


Elder Law Rider — $45.00/year

Elder Law matters require specialized experts in areas concerning the financial and health care needs of the elderly. A general legal practitioner may not be as well-versed as an elder law attorney, as the tax code and Medicaid laws constantly change. An elder law specialist devotes most of his/her law practice to Elder Law areas and is up-to-date with topics pertinent to the elderly: Medicaid and long-term care planning, estate planning, trusts, guardianships, conservatorships, applying for Medicaid and other government assistance, and nursing home placement.

The Elder Law Rider coverage, provided by Feldman. Kramer & Monaco,  is extended to the PEF Retiree, their spouse or domestic partner, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents and grandparents-in-law.

In addition, the Elder Law Rider will provide the PEF Retiree or their dependent with a “Legal Security Package”. This package includes a Simple Will, Health Care Proxy, Living Will, and Durable Power of Attorney.


Before you can enroll in the Elder Law Rider Plan, you must be enrolled in the basic Retiree Voluntary Legal Service Plan, made available by PEF MBP in conjunction with Feldman, Kramer & Monaco.

Learn more about the Retiree Voluntary Legal Service Plan and how to enroll.

Option #1: Direct Pay:

  1. Purchase your Elder Law Rider online using your Visa/MasterCard (credit/debit card).button_purchase_now
  2. Or, purchase your Elder Law Rider via your Visa/MasterCard (credit/debit card) over the phone at 1-800-342-4306, ext. 243, opt. 1.

Option #2: Pension Deduction:

  1. Enroll using the Plan/Rider enrollment form and pension deduction authorization.button_download_enrollment_form button_pension_form
    Complete the Retiree Voluntary Legal Service enrollment form and return the form along with your pension deduction form to:

PEF Membership Benefits Program, 10 Airline Drive, Suite 101, Albany, NY 12205

To request that a Retiree Legal Service Plan/Rider Enrollment form be emailed/mailed to you, call 1-800-342-4306, ext. 243, opt. 1.