Enroll in the National Safety Council’s 6-hour Defensive Driving Course
Approved by the Department of Motor Vehicles
The Membership Benefits Program is proud to provide active, dues-paying PEF members and their immediate family members, who reside in New York State, with the National Safety Council’s Defensive Driving Course for just $18.
- Improve your overall driving skills
- Reduce points on your license following the issuance of a ticket
- Improve your standing at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Avoid a possible court appearance
- Keep insurance rates as low as possible
- Avoid possible license suspension
- Access to both a traditional class course or online course for just $18.00 (regular price: $21)
- 10% discount from the base rate of your current liability, no-fault and collision premiums (including property damage, bodily injury and personal injury protection) each year for three years
- Your three-year discount will apply to premiums for all vehicles for which you are listed as principal operator, including:
- Recreational vehicles
- Four (4) points will automatically be deducted from the total on your driver’s record if you have incurred violations during the 18-month period prior to completing DDC.
- The point reduction could help you avoid a license suspension! Points which are reduced remain on record but are not counted by the DMV in determining administrative actions against license. Please Note: The point reduction will not cancel a mandatory suspension or revocation already being taken against a motorist’s driving privileges.
- Upon successful completion of the course:
- An official National Safety Council Certificate of Completion will be mailed to you the next business day.
- Your successful completion status will be electronically transmitted to the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles.
- If you are eligible, the DMV will apply the point reduction to your driving record.
To be eligible, you must complete the National Safety Council’s 6-hour DDC through one of our approved PEF Locations or you may take the online course.
FAQ by Students.
To Register for a Traditional Defensive Driving Course
To Register for an Online Defensive Driving Course